Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Blessed.

3am and I'm up. What's new?

Life has change plenty in the past year. If you were to ask me where I would be, who I would be with, where life would take me...I'm pretty sure my my answer would've been completely different. 


Sometimes we think we know our destiny, but things could change in the blink of an eye. To say I am much happier, is an under statement. When you try to figure things out yourself, and leave God out of it, you place yourself in a vulnerable situation. There are things we cannot control in this life, but placing it in God's hands is something we should always put first, and for years, I didn't.


I prayed and prayed each night that He would clear my mind and give me answers...I don't know if they were looking me straight in the face the whole time, but somehow I didn't see it. Although my journey has been rough, I am appreciative of the lessons I learned. I learned a lot about myself, what I truly want and how I want to raise my family. I thought before that I knew exactly what I wanted, but it took getting out of a few situations that weren't healthy in order to fully grasp what I wanted out of my life.

 
I'm sure things will change years from now, or even in the next months, but I've never felt this much clarity ever in my life. I used to wonder when I was younger, how grown ups become so mature? I guess, it's safe to say, the experiences that life throws at us, the challenges, the frustrations...all those curve balls that came out of left field, those are what makes us who we are. Life never stops teaching us, and it's important for us to grow from each one, learn from each mistake and use it to better ourselves.


I am truly blessed and fortunate to be in the situation that I'm in. To have a job that helps others, which gives me the opportunity to make a difference in the world. A family who loves, cares and supports each other...they've become my rockA girlfriend that understands me, loves me for who I am and who makes me feel important. Not too many people can honestly say they're are dating their "best friend"...that I am. For all my friends...you are family to me. Most importantly, I am thankful and forever grateful that I have a God who is merciful, understanding, forgiving, healing...the list goes on. God has truly blessed me, even when I've done nothing to deserve it. 

Life happens so fast. Sometimes it's proper to just sit and reflect on what life has offered, and look forward to what it still has in store. When I see all of the sick people in the hospital, I think to myself "how short life can be", how it can be taken from us in a heart beat. I wonder...have I left my mark here on earth? Have I lived my life to it's full potential?

There are still plenty of things I want to and need to work on in my life. I will never be perfect, but it never hurts to try and be the best person, son, brother, boyfriend and friend I could possibly be. Wherever the road takes me, I want God walking right beside me each and every step. 

Blessings
Russy  

No comments:

Post a Comment