Friday, October 14, 2011

Thankful.

Work/Jobs.

Many have this negative connotation correlating to the word "work. The same people have the tendency to also complain of not having a job or wishing they had one at one point in their lives. 

This is partially me. I have complained about the stresses of my job. The demands and expectations are definitely tough, but as a registered nurse, these expectations are vital in order for a person to grow and help the unit achieve as a whole. 

Thinking back when I was struggling to find a job, sending out application after application, even thinking of moving out of state in order to start my career, it's crazy to think that I even complain of being tired from work these days. Sure the body needs rest, but there is definitely nothing to complain about. I am utterly thankful and grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to serve Him. 

I'm in a field where healing the body in a wholistic manner is key. Not only are we physically present, but emotionally, spiritually and pyschosocially catering to our patients needs. I get that tingling feeling every time I get to speak to a patient about God and pray with them. It's satisfying and a feeling I just can't describe to know that we are sharing a moment with God and allowing Him to heal, because only God can heal. Doctors, nurses and all other health care workers can attempt to get a sick person healed, but only God can take a sickness and make it disappear like it never happened. 

There will be days where I question whether or not I want to be a nurse. There will be days where I get yelled at or make a mistake that will get me down a little. There will be days where I will feel tired and wish I was home. There will be times when I'm struggling and just want to run and hide.

But through all the struggles, I am thankful. Thankful I have a job that can put food on the table, clothes on my back, pay the bills and just get my life started for the future. I'm blessed to have a job that is built to help others get better, get back on their feet and live their lives. I have been blessed by many patients. Patients who come in sick as a dog, but who look at life as a gift, take it day by day and are still thankful that God has given them each day to live. 

Throughout nursing school I would always say this prayer:
"Lord if this is the field that you want me to be in, let me know, show me a sign, make it clear". I've gone through so many hurdles in order to get here. I never thought I would ever make it, but I'm here. It took a lot out of me. Plenty of tears and anxious days. I pray that the Lord continue to guide me in my work so that I may have the ability to heal others in wholeness. 

Simply put it this way, I am thankful, blessed and ever so grateful for this opportunity. 

Be blessed. 
Live. Love. Be healthy. 
Russy



No comments:

Post a Comment