Thursday, October 8, 2009

worst week ever.

Well...
Another week is about to conclude, and I must say...I'm disappointed. 
I mean, what can you do. 
It's not that I wasn't motivated to go to the gym, but being sick just kills it. 
I'm usually not one to give excuses, but this has to be one of the more frustrating ones. 
The eagerness to go workout was there. The drive didn't go away... 
BUT, when your body tells you "NO! STOP!", you have to listen. 

Weird thing was, I've lost more weight this week than I was when i was pushing hard at the gym. 
I'm still on a great diet plan. Eating cleanly. and staying away from a lot of the more unhealthy foods. 
BUT I feel very sluggish, partly because I'm sick...but the other half is because I haven't done anything to really make me sweat. 
My head is pounding while I write this...and i chose to write because these are the types of things you have to keep track of. 
These are the types of things life throws at you. 
The types of things your body goes through when trying to get into shape. 
Not everyone is going to be running at full force EVERY SINGLE DAY. 
There are gonna be days, weeks, and some...even months where you just need to take a breather. 
And this was my week, where I needed to take care of my body and just rest. 
I've been pushing hard w/ school. 
&& I guess the bright side to this is, even w/ the hectic schedule of school...I've managed to get my diet in. 
That's one of the most important things to take into account when you can't go to the gym. 

I'm excited to put the two together. 
- diet 
- gym 
The results can only go up from there!! 
I know the holidays are coming, but It'll be a true test as to where my mind is really at. 
So, even though i'm battling the sickness... 
I gotta keep my head straight and look at the LONG TERM picture...and not just shoot for the short term. 
This is a journey. A marathon (not a sprint). 
It's gonna be one step at a time. 
Let's do work. 

To Health. 
BST.TLF. 
Russy 

No comments:

Post a Comment