Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Post.

What's good world!?! 

I guess this is the first of many. 
Never thought I'd ever blog on a site like this, but then again, I vowed before never to join, Myspace, Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter...and now i'm using all four!! haha. 

So here's the story why I'm blogging: 

Back in 2006 I was in the BEST shape of my life. I was about 6-7% body fat and on my way to feeling great! 
Then nursing school started. Being consumed by books, accompanied with unhealthy snack choices and the comfort of fatty foods really got to me. 
There's nothing better to comfort a stressful situation than a good slice of pizza or (a box) or a cheeseburger or 4. 
That's how my life was. I went from going to the gym twice a day for 2-3 hours a time...to not going to the gym for 5 or 6 months at a time. 
I neglected to see my health deteriorating. I noticed my fatigue level, and how I never wanted to do anything, but sleep. I found myself not wanting to take pictures because of the way I looked, i even hid behind people to make sure my stomach wasn't showing. 
I went from wearing a size 28 to a size 42. 

When I got fit back then, I promised myself i would NEVER get to where I was as a little kid. That was one of my biggest fears in life, and it came to reality. 

// 

This blog is all about changing that.
I'm motivated as ever!! 

A month ago I weighed in at 230, a number that still scares me. 
3 weeks into eating better and getting a gym membership again...I'm down to 211. 
That's still a number that scares me, but anything is better than 230!! 

So, as I embark on this journey...I'm determined to get back to where I was!! 
I know it's not going to happen over night, because it took me nearly 2 1/2 years to get down to where I was. 
BUT I'm so motivated right now, I don't think anybody can stop me but myself!! 

So this blog is to HEALTH. 

I'll keep updated this blog for those of you who want to keep track and cheer me on. and also those days when I really feel like giving up. 
This will be a constant reminder that there is no such thing as GIVING UP!! 
I will do WHATEVER it takes. 

till then. 
much love&laughter
Russy 

// 

Starting weight as of July 20, 2009: 
230lbs 

Current weight as of August 12, 2009: 
211

BST.TLF 
(blood.sweat&tears -- train.like.a.freak) 

Now 2009 :/

Before 2006

1 comment: