Saturday, July 2, 2011

Will the music ever come back?

Music has been M.I.A. in my life. Haven't sung, played the piano, or really did anything that would satisfy my performers craving. Something in me is just uninspired and drawn away from performing not only in public, but even alone. 

It's crazy how much I use to engulf my day w/ music. I'd get up, turn on my piano and go at it like there was no tomorrow. I would sing at the top of my lungs and create noise, because I genuinely enjoyed doing it. I've grown out of it and it's been really hard to get myself motivated to do it again. 

Honestly, I want to be back in it. But it just isn't as naturally feeling as it did before. It's a challenge to sing. I feel like I have to try 10 times harder than before. But I guess the saying "use it, or lose it" is in fact a reality. I'm wondering now, will the music ever come back? or is it a distant memory of the past?

Sad to say, but my piano is being used as a desk to place papers and clothes, and well...my voice for singing is hidden somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment