Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feelin' Good.

I haven't felt this good in a long time. 
The constant battle w/ lethargy, joint pains, and overall bad health has been looking up. 
2009 was suppose to be the year that I was going to change it all. 
I had some highlights of the year, but 2010 seems different. 
I know I say that all the time w/ each and every blog, but this is different. 
When I first attempted the "weight loss" after I reached 230, I knew it wasn't going to be easy. 
Never in my life I thought I would reach that large of a number, especially after hitting the peak of my health at 146 in the summer of 2006. 
Can you imagine?? Not only did it take a toll physically, but emotionally and mentally. 
Life is definitely about the ups and downs and getting through it. 
This year I made the decision to turn vegetarian, hoping to turn vegan, then raw. 
With the old "hardcore" diet of high protein, low carb, I knew it wasn't the healthiest way to go. 
I knew that I had to go back to what is "LIVING" foods. 
I need food that has LIFE to get LIFE back. 
First step was to use the vitamix we have a home. Making smoothies, not hard at all. 
Second step was to just eat more fruits and veggies. 
Third step, I bought a Juicer, and juice 2 times a week. 
I've been hitting the gym a little more, not as much as I use to (because of time). 
But it sure feels good to go in there and get my heart pumping. 
There is much more energy. Less joint pains. and I just feel good. 
I'm far from where I want to be, but this is what it's all about. 
A number like 230 or 146 is just a number, and that's it. 
Sure it sounds good...I'm 146, 6% body fat, I can bench 245, I can run 13 miles. 
But the ultimate goal is FEELING GOOD and HEALTHY. 
Everything else is icing on the cake. 
2010 definitely seems more promising, especially after a rough 2009. 
I'm excited and truly hopeful for this year. 

to health. 
Russy 

No comments:

Post a Comment