Sunday, May 15, 2011

God gave me a voice.

The past year or so (even longer) has been a tough struggle musically. I've grown so distant from what once use to be my greatest passion and first love. I went from wanting to perform every where and trying to find and getting offers to sing at shows in numerous places, to not wanting to even sing in the shower. 

Today marked the day when I put my piano/keyboard back inside my room. For the past couple of months my 2 keyboards have been stored away, nicely kept in another room in the house, collecting dust. What once use to be my way out of stress, became a distant piece of equipment that hardly meant anything to me.

My voice that I had once used to sing in church as a kid, harmonize in choir and in groups, and then used it to create "RuSouL", just because something "I USED TO DO".

It hit me today that, God gave me this talent. And for me to stop singing and playing the piano because I felt like I was going nowhere with it and that there were so many people out there better than me, so why try? Is extremely disrespectful to what God has planned for me since the day I was born.

It's not to be a million dollar superstar in the business, or even a huge youtube star that everyone wants to be now a days. But it's to be used to be a light of hope, to be something positive in a world of the reverse. To me, music is something to be shared with one another. A set of emotions that can capture life in it's unadulterated image. To be used for God and his works and to spread His love throughout the world. 

I don't know if I'm going to be making more music videos, performing more, or whatever...all I know is, I want music to be a part of my heart like it once was. I want to sing till my voice is gone, whether it's in the shower or in front of people. I just want to use music as a way to communicate with the world.

I am truly grateful that the Lord has given me this talent, and it's not something I want to waste. God gave me a voice, so I'm going to use it and use it for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment