Saturday, August 6, 2011

You are what you eat.

What you put in your body is what you're going to get out.
I've been extremely lethargic the past few weeks, only because I've only been eating junk. 
No veggies, fruits. Just good tasting, unhealthy, fatty foods that make you feel like sh!t. 
Never did I think I would get sick by eating so much junk.
Well, that's what's happening and it doesn't feel good. 
Even after just 1 day of just fruits & veggies...I feel a whole lot better. 
I've been drinking more water vs soda and have really noticed a difference. 
Our bodies are like cars, when you decide to put ARCO gas, your car suffers. 
When you put something like Cheveron or Union 76, you put real food/fuel into your ride. 
The saying, "you are what you eat" is so true. 
I've been eating junk...I feel like trash. Lethargic. Unmotivated. Unhappy. You name it. 
Sure I feel good for the first 20-30 minutes while consuming these meals.
But after that, I feel guilty and dissatisfied, because an hour later, I'm craving more of these foods.
Yet when my body is really wanting some "real" nutrients. 
Getting past this 7 day fruits & veggies cleanse, followed by my attempt at a 30 day juice fast, will definitely be a challenge. 
One that I'm looking forward to and one that I know will be partly or even mainly mental.  
26 is going to be a year where I get back into shape & will treat my body with care.
I am what I eat...
I will treat my body like the temple that it should be. 

To life.
Live. Love. Be healthy.
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment