Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dear Jesus.

There are days when I feel like giving up. Did I choose the right profession? Is this really what I am called to do?

I asked these questions while I was in school, and God always gave me a clear answer that followed every time I got on my knees. I know I'm still new to this job and there are plenty of things to learn. But some days you just feel a little (or a lot) overwhelmed by everything that's going on. Things are back to back, with classes and work, I just can't seem to catch my breath and just take a break. 

For the last month, it's been on the go from the day I was officially hired. I started within 2 days, and I had little time to prepare. Today was just one of those days when I got really anxious again about the days and weeks ahead of me. I question will I be ready in 2 months to be all by my self?

I need reassurance. I need someone to tell me everything is going to be okay. I need things to just slow down a little bit. While I'm at work, people say look this and that up, because these are the things you need to know. But when I get home I'm so drained and all I want to do is crawl into my bed and sleep because I'm so tired. I want to be the best nurse that I can possibly be, and I have to keep reminding myself that it's going to take time. It's going to take a few months, maybe even years to get adjusted to the routine.

*sigh*  

My prayer for today is this:

Dear Lord, 

I am overwhelmed and I know you hear my cries. I know you have a plan for me and if this is your calling, things will get easier (if I do my part of course).
You know that I want this so bad and I want to be the best nurse I can possibly be. It's just a matter of when. I have people pulling for me, rooting for me to do well, and I just don't want to disappoint.
Maybe that's my biggest fear oh Lord. I don't want to disappoint my family and those who helped me get this job. 
Tomorrow is a new day, and I am looking forward to spending the Sabbath with you. You've given us a day of rest, and this week, that is my only day of rest. I've work 4 out of the last 5 days, and will work 4 out of the next 6. 
Please get me through those days Father. 
I know you will get me through this. I know you will find a way to make me more comfortable. All I have to do is believe in You w/ all my heart and you will be with me every step of the way. 
You always have and you always will. 
Forgive me Lord for all of my short comings and for ever questioning what you have intended for me. I am much more at ease knowing that You are always here guiding me and watching over me. 
Be w/ me now Lord & the world as a whole. People are struggling much more than I am and my heart goes out to them first & foremost. 
Thank you Father for everything. I love you Lord. 
Always, 
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment