Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I won't complain.

"I won't complain" 

I've had some good days
I've had some hills to climb
I've had some weary days
And some sleepless nights

But when I look around
And I think things over
All of my good days
Outweigh my bad days
I won't complain

Sometimes the clouds are low
I can hardly see the road
I ask a question, Lord
Lord, why so much pain?
But he knows what's best for me
Although my weary eyes
They can't see
So I'll just say thank you Lord
I won't complain

The Lord
Has been so good to me
He's been good to me
More than this old world or you could ever be
He's been so good
All of my good days, out weigh my bad days, I won't complain.


One of my favorite gospel songs of all time.

Sure the past couple weeks have been tough. But the Lord has truly been good. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Although I am tired & exhausted, I have enough energy to get through another day and be healthy. 
One of the major reasons why I am trying to lose weight is to get healthy. Treat my body like the temple of God. I see so many sick people on my daily work grind, and sometimes I complain of how tired I am, but I can only imagine what my patients are going through. What their families are going through.

God is using me to help these people. Physically and emotionally. If I offer a smile or a caring hand and tone of voice in all that I do, I will be doing my job and duty to the best of my ability. Sure I am going to get frustrated because I am still learning the in's and the outs. I am still a newbie at this nursing thing and it's going to take some time. But God is definitely the driving force behind everything that is happening right now. 
I am blessed & thankful for the opportunity to serve Him every day. I need to put this song in my heart, for there are going to be tough days, but through them all, the Lord is right behind us, right beside us and most definitely leading right in front of us.

Today my prayer is simply this:
Lord, may you tough the lives that I encounter every day, so they may see YOU in me. So they may witness YOUR love through my actions. So that the world can be change in whatever way you want it to be changed.
This is my prayer, 
Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment