Wednesday, March 30, 2011

April.

April. A new month. A new goal. A fresh new start. 

March was tough. But I managed to reach my goal of 188 (a little shy, but only 0.2 lbs off). 
This next month will be crucial in this weight loss journey. The plateau is looming and I'm ready to fight it off.

I've managed to dropped 12 pounds this month, without any hardcore dieting or working out. Just commitment to eating less & healthier. I will commit myself to putting the work in, even though I'm tired from work. I will press on with my diet & limit certain things, reducing calories and other foods that may cause me to plateau. 

Going from 230 to 188 was tough, but getting past 180 is going to be even more challenging. I'm built on challenges. Challenging myself to the brink of failure, but this time I plan to drive past those walls and keep this success story going. 

I've had this talk with many people before. It's not about how much weight I lose, or how good I want to look anymore. Although there are healthy numbers we are to be at, numbers don't reflect it all. My main goal is to be healthy, and part of that goal is to be in a healthy BMI and to be at the suggested weight that I'm suppose to be at.

This is for my overall health. To live each day like it's my last. To take care of my body like the temple of God. April is going to be a make it or break it type of month. I'm curious how it will all pan out, but it's up to me to #1 - put in the work. #2 - stay motivated and inspired. 

I want to show others that "ANYONE" I mean anyone can do it. Before, part of me wanted to challenge myself to gain back all the weight I lost in the past, just to say that I CAN DO ANYTHING I PUT MY MIND TOO. Well, it's easier said then done. I went from "all time high" to "all time low" in a matter of a year and a half. It's easy to revert back to your old ways, but I won't let & I can't let myself get back to that.

April, you hold the key to my future. To get below 180 and be in the 170's would be a dream come true. I know that's still far from my ultimate goal, but it's one step closer to regaining everything that I had lost before, and that was a sense of respect for my body & what it stands for. God gave me this body so I can take care of it and use it for Him. To be healthy enough to serve Him and to be there for my family & friends.

I will keep going. I will keep fighting. No matter what happens, whether I reach it or not...I will put in the work and try my best. This is the next hurdle. Getting below 200 was HARD! Getting below 180 is even HARDER. This will be the epitome of BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS. and that is what I stand for. I know from the day I was born, NOTHING comes easy to me. I have to work harder than every one else in order to obtain something, and I am fine with that. As long as I don't give up and I long as I know I tried my best. That is all I can do. 

So this is it....APRIL you're finger tips away from being in my hands. This is not mine to lose, but EVERYTHING I need & want to gain. 

To health.
TLF (Train Like a Freak) - BST (Blood, Sweat & Tears) 
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment