Monday, April 4, 2011

My growth as a person.

When you're younger, you always wonder "how did my parents get to where they are today?" I asked the question, "why do they think the way they think" and "how when did they turn from thinking like a young person, to thinking like an adult"? 

The past 6-7 years was that turning point for me. Post high school graduation, even after my crash course summer school session before my freshman year of college, I still had the immature mind of a teenager, not really knowing what I truly wanted to do in life, or how to handle certain situations. I didn't know what it felt like to really battle adversity or stand up for myself, I didn't know who I really was. People always say the line "I just need to find myself"...well, I wasn't even trying to find myself the past couple years, I just did. 

I've been through so many ups and downs during this time, from school troubles, to relationships, to physical problems, to my relationship w/ God...I definitely had life changing situations. This is the time where I really grew up and found myself. In these times where I learned how to stand up for myself, or learned how to take a rotten situation and turn it into a positive, I needed these times to grow into the man I've become today. 

This all probably sounds cliche to all of you reading this, but this truly answered my question growing up, of how did my own parents grow into where they are today? To say that we stop growing at certain age is ridiculous, because we are always growing, always learning and always finding ways to make ourselves better. But reflecting back on all these years and how different I was when I was a senior in high school till now a working man who has bills to pay, is immense. 

You learn a long the way, you grow along the way. But the one constant that I've had through this journey was God. Jesus has been there every single step of the way. He has guided me through the roughest terrain and has given me hope to carry on with each day. Even though my relationship with God has been rocky at times, I believe that if we keep striving to better our relationship and grow closer to Him, He will hear our cries and touch our hearts. I pray that I continue to grow, for He has shown me just in a short period of time what life is truly like. 

Many times I wish I was back in grade school, with little to no worries. But the reality is, our lives are built on the growth factor, but its in these journey's where we can rise to the occasion or fall in the midst of the adversity that is presented in our paths.

As continue on with the journey of my first "real" job, and as I continue to grow, I want to let God in and let Him lead. He is the only way, the truth and the light. I know there will be times where I want to give up, but God never gives up on me, so I should never give up on myself, because that just means I'm giving up on Him. I'm confident with Him on my side, because He has brought me out of some tough situations, always showing to me that with Him there is nothing that I cannot do. 

I wish you all the best in your walks in life. But remember that with God on your side, the road is much easier. God never promised there wouldn't be any troubles, because Jesus too when He was on this earth, had to battle through adversity, but God delivered Him at the end. Never think that you have to do everything in your life alone (even when it seems that way), God is always watching over you, always shining His light and always trying to find a way to communicate with You. He knows and hears our cries. 

Today I pray for the world, for so many of our brothers and sisters are struggling throughout the world. The end is near and the Lord is waiting for us to make a difference and make a change. I pray that my walk will lead even 1 person to seek the Lord, to see God through me. I know I may not be perfect, but if God continues to work through me, we don't have to be perfect. No one on this earth is perfect, but if we ask God to come into our lives, our imperfections will be covered by God's perfection and through Him we can complete His work of spreading His word and His love to one another. 

I love you all & I hope you start off your days, weeks & months with the Lord. 
Be blessed. 
Live. Love. Stay healthy. 
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment