Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm hungry for it.

I want this bad. I want to get down in weight. Feel & stay healthy. There is an ultimate goal, but my mind is strictly focused on the mini goals that I have. This 50 pound weight loss challenge in 1 year is going to be hard.  

I mean, from December 9th, 2010 till February of this year...I had already lost nearly 30 pounds. Probably close to 26 to be exact. So from February till now It's been about 12-15. So speaking numbers, if I'm going to reach this challenge of getting back down to 150 pounds, I would've had to come down from 230 lbs making that a whopping 80 pound weight loss in a year. 

That's a stretch. I know 230 is a pretty big number, especially for a guy of my height. And even people who have personal trainings, go to retreat centers to lose the weight, and who have the type of money to hire nutritionists and people to formulate their workouts to prevent plateaus would be AMAZED and proud of a 80+ pound loss. 

That is the challenge for me. I'm hungry to prove that someone who doesn't have the time of day to get 3-4 hour workouts in can still do it and do it healthfully. In the past when I was at my peak shape, I took a lot of supplements (hydroxycut, lipo-6, xendrine, ripped fuel, redline) you name it, I tried every weight loss supplement and drink I can probably get my hands on (except for ephedra, cause it was illegal at that time), but I cheated to get down to my weight. I don't get me wrong, I still worked my ass off at the gym, but I had a little boost from all of these supplements.

This time around I want to do it as naturally as possible. I don't know, maybe I'm writing this blog out of frustration because I've been at the same weight number of 188 for 3 weeks. I have had some changes to my sleep and workout schedule, but have remained with my diet during the week, and I guess I am hitting the dreaded plateau. 

I'll have to lose another 8 pounds for the remaining 3 weeks of April, so it's going to be a lot more hard work ahead. I always tell people, it's not about the numbers on the scale that determine how you feel inside or how you are changing. I get that, but sometimes it can just get frustrating. I know I'm not putting in daily workouts for 2-3 hours at a time, and maybe that's what I need. To sacrifice some sleep and get more workouts in. As for now, sleep is more important to me, so I don't get sick. But I might need to sacrifice an hour or two to get that calorie burn during the day. 

I'M EXTREMELY HUNGRY FOR THIS! I want this like I've never wanted it before. I'm looking in the mirror and I see the determination that I use to once wear on my face. I see a guy who wants to be healthy and share it will people so they too can get healthy. Plateau's are normal, and being frustrated won't do me any good. I just have to work out harder and stay motivated. This is my journey to share and mine to keep going. 

To health. 
BST.TLF 
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment