Friday, December 31, 2010

2010.

2010 has got to be one of the most interesting years I have ever had in my life. It's pushed me in a lot of ways, whether it has been physical, mental, spiritual or what ever way, it's definitely been a year I will always remember. 

This year definitely had many ups and a lot of unforgettable lows. From the births of new family members, to lives that have passed I will continue to remember. To many emotional and mental disputes as to whether I can and am able to complete tasks, I have been challenged in 2010. I am always thankful and grateful for these obstacles that are presented in my life, because I have always looked at it as a time to grow and learn how I can be a better, stronger, more wise and a warrior for God all together.

Although I tend to dislike the low points in my life, I am always intrigued as to how, when or even if I am going to get through it. Sometimes we rise to the occasion and sometimes we fall short of that finish line. But to me, it's always a matter of how we can push ourselves to our limit, and if we fall trying...then you can't be disappointed in your efforts. I've fallen short on many occasions, but the Lord always seems to open another door, maybe a better door...or maybe something that you didn't like, but in the end, you understand why that particular door opened. Jesus is by far the greatest, most quiet, but most pronounced motivator we have. If you listen closely, you'll see, hear or feel the signs so clearly that you won't even have to think twice about what you're doing.  

2010 Challenges:
Some of the challenges I had this year have been: the loss of Manong Ken, motivating myself to study for my board exams (failing), being in the hospital w/ a multiple brain bleeds after a hitting my head, weight loss, and being unemployed to name a few. These challenges have been some of the lowest times in my life.
When I lost my dear friend Ken, by far, next to losing my Lola, this is the biggest loss I have ever had to endure in my life. Sure I've lost some aunties and uncles in the past, but in elementary school you just don't understand the true impact of a person so close to you. I wasn't able to sleep for numerous nights, tossing and turning wondering why? why did it have to be him? he was such an inspiring person who always lived his life the right way and cared so much about others, that he sometimes would neglect giving time for himself. I miss my brother so dearly and I can't wait till the day I can just give him the biggest hug up in heaven.
Board exams. When I failed for the first time, I wondered if I was ever going to pass. I had a job lined up and all I needed to do was pass those exams and I was set. Little did I know that I had many challenges that would spiral from not passing. I didn't let it get me down, because I knew that I could put more work and effort into studying. It gave me the motivation to push harder and stronger. After not passing, only a few weeks later...
I hit my head after taking some detox tea. I've never been in the hospital before, and after this experience I definitely don't want to go there again. I've never felt so much pain, so much stress, so much fear, so much anxiety, so much disappointed, so much LOVE and PRAYER...ever in my life. This was definitely a low point, that turned into a high. A situation and experience that I can share to the world that God does exist and that he's watching out for us. 

The ups: 
From getting better physically after my accident, to graduation, to passing my boards, losing weight, and all the love from my family, this year is something I will always cherish. 
My accident showed me who in my life would always be there, through the toughest times. From my parents of course, brother, and Jenny...I had my closest brothers (Ken, Josh, Jordan, Justin, Uncle Garry) to name few who were there that night that I hit my head. They came out of no where to offer me a prayer and to give me love and support that I needed at that time. I will always have these guys as my brothers and I appreciate everything you all have done for me. period. 
Passing my boards has got to be one of the highlights of my life. The day seemed so long and so far out of reach, but it came on September 9th, 2010. *sigh*, such a great feeling. 
Losing weight, I'm in the process of doing it and almost completing my goal for the new year. my goal was to be below 200, I'm at 205 (5 pounds short) but I had to treat myself during Christmas right? :) After 22 days of not cheating, I deserved it. This month I've lost 21 pounds and I'm still going strong. I'm positive 2011 will show great things as to how much I can push my body. and I'm ready. 

I love my family, my friends and everyone in between. This year has shown me what true love is and how I can pay it forward. From agonizing hours spent challenging myself to study for my board exams and from failure to success, all in a matter of months...to diving into the "raw" lifestyle, back to a high protein-6 meals/day diet...to accidents and get-wells...I'm ready to dive into 2011 w/ a positive attitude and a never-give up mentality that LOVES, CHERISHES, and SAVORS every moment that is given. I'm thankful for all of you who have made this year amazing. I have so much to be thankful for and so much to give back. As the new year approaches and is only a few hours away, my prayer today is this:
 
Dear Jesus, 
May you shine your light in our lives. May you give us hope and show us your way, so that we don't and never have to walk this walk alone, but because of you we can do all things. Help us to Trust in you and to never lose sight of the love and promise you have offered us. Thank you father for dying on that cross for us, so that we may have the gift of eternal life. Bless the world and our leaders, bless those who are in need, may this new year give them a breath of fresh air and may they never give up on you. Help us to understand the challenges we are going to face, and always be thankful and praise You and nobody else for the successes we are going to face. Forgive us father from the sins we've committed and for all of our short comings. Thank you Father for always watching over us and for never giving up on us. I ask these things Lord, in your name. 

Blessings to all. Lots of Love, Laughter and Smiles.
Always, 
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment