Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hungry.

In the midst of this journey I'm taking, I find myself facing a battle of self control. A few years back, it was second nature to say "no thank you" and not eat foods I knew weren't good for me, and even be so extreme that I would say no to foods that weren't that bad. I'm still getting accustomed to this process, and even though I find my self hungry, I'm getting use to it. Along w/ the physical hungry comes emotional struggles. I believe that eating satisfies physical needs as much as (or more) it plays an important role to our emotional needs. Maybe that's why I gained so much weight? Maybe. I've gone 17-18 days w/out a cheat meal or day, and I'm getting to the point where it's becoming more of a routine then it is a struggle. I won't lie that it's getting pretty challenging, especially when my workouts are being intense, or when my friends go out and eat good food. But, it's what I have to do. It's what worked before, and what will get me to where I want to be. I love food, but I love my health more and I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get there. All for the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment