Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lovely Weekend.

God is good. 

Last week, was a pretty hectic and stressful week for me. I had my first interview as a registered nurse on Thursday (still awaiting results), and I don't think I've ever prepared and practice all types of scenarios in my entire life. Everybody knows how much I want this particular job...I would label it as my "dream job", and so I took the approach of, "I need to try my best if I really want it". After a nerve wracking and stressful Thursday morning, my body felt so weak and tired, and all I wanted was so R&R and to get my mind off it. 

This weekend was a much needed restful weekend. It started off w/ a great workout at the gym to relieve some of the anxiety from the interview. The following day, I was able to sleep in after feeling a little under the weather, and it definitely did my body well. After that I headed out to Pasadena area to celebrate Chinese New Year w/ the fam. I was able to buy a few books that I've wanted to by for a while "21 day detox" and "Study on Protein Diets'. I followed that w/ nice pit stop at Wholefoods market, where I spent nearly an hour just walking around fascinated with all the things they had. Had myself a nice little sandwich, and just relax. I concluded the night w/ a delicious dinner w/ great company, and just so nice to see all of Jenny's family. 

Sabbath was another blessing, starting out w/ church in the morning, led by all the kids at my church. Message/skits by the kids were about the "10 commandants" and it's always nice to be reminded of the rules the Lord has placed in our lives to live and abide by. Saturday lunch w/ the fam was needed, seems like it's been awhile since we've all had a sit down meal, and it felt good to start out the Sabbath. Then we all took another much needed Sabbath nap (for like 3-4 hours), then we followed it w/ another great dinner w/ friends at Olive Garden to celebrate Kathleen's and Meeks (and also Jenny's) bday. 

Today was another sleep in day, followed by more eating. Although I could have made better food choices, I was blessed to spend time w/ family and friends. Sometimes you have to break your diet and exercise to give your body the rest and relaxation it needs. I'm learning not to be too hard on myself, at the same time not giving up and letting it get in the way of achieving my goals. I believe that God knew I needed to get my mind off things and just relax, and this weekend I was able to do that. It's a beautiful thing to have friends and family to spend these times w/ and I'm just thankful for each and every one of them.

I absolutely love the weekends, especially the Sabbath. It's always a day I will never feel guilty about not doing anything. Just chillin' and focusing on the most important thing, God and our families. This week is another big week for me, because I know I may find out about me getting the job or not. But no matter what the result is, I know that God is walking along side of me and has something in store. I hope it's this job, but if it's not, I put my full trust in Him. If I'm going to be honest, I probably would be extremely disappointed if I don't get it, but the reality is...God is always in control. once we start trying to do things on our own, we fall through the cracks and hit walls we won't be able to break down. Once we let Him fully control our destiny, that is when things start to become more clear and much easier.  

My full trust is in the Lord, because I know that it's all in His hands. He has blessed me so much, and I am thankful for every blessing and opportunity He has put in front of me. My calling is to serve Him in every way possible. Whether it's as a nurse or in my music, or just in my daily walk and influence on others. I want to live my life as His servant and his vessel, because we are the ones on this earth that will carry His message of love and second coming. 

I'm excited for the future and for the many great things He has in store for me and my family. I will continue to place my life in His hands. True happiness does not come in the form of material things, but in pacing your life w/ God and allowing Him to work through you. This is my prayer tonight, that He continues to use me in every way possible. To bless me, so that I may bless others in His name. Till next weekend. 

Be blessed. 
Live. Love. Be Healthy.
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment