Friday, February 11, 2011

Peter.

Today, I had the chance to sing for a group of people in Loma Linda that I always love singing for. Auntie Monette (Jordan's Mom) has always asked us to sing for her work, and it's always hard to turn down because I just love singing for these people.

It's a day care for people who have disabilities, ages 16 - the oldest is 102. We usually sing love songs and oldies, and some originals, but today we led out the worship program and sang some of our favorite religious songs.

When I walked in today, I noticed someone there who was a relative of a friend of mine. He had down syndrome and was just the sweetest guy you could possibly meet. As we sang our songs, I could only smile and be happy while he joined and sang along with us. You couldn't really tell what he was saying or the hear the correct pitch, but none of that mattered. The first thing that popped into my head was, "this is what heaven is going to be like." 

God loves each and everyone of us in a special way. He has created us in HIS image and has everything was according to His plan. Some of the more challenge or disabled people, are the ones who touch our lives the most and made the world a better place. These are the people who are so innocent and are so pure in nature and people who are always thinking about you and others. They too will be singing w/ us up in heaven and be just like us, because we are all made under God's name. 

Today was a day where I felt complete. Today was a day where I sang for all the right reasons and remembered why I was given this gift, and that's to spread God's word and to share His love w/ others. It is definitely a wonderful and peaceful start to the weekend, and I'm just blessed that I was able to share it w/ so many special people are the day care today. I am truly blessed to have the talent of singing, and I will continue to use it to spread whatever message God wants me to give others.

No comments:

Post a Comment