Thursday, August 26, 2010

This is my quest.

I'm on a quest. 
A quest to prove to myself that I can turn my habits around, and finally quit doing so much talking, and more doing. 
I feel the change, not only physically, but mentally. 
Part of this quest is knowing when to push yourself and break out of those barriers that held you back. 
For 3 whole years...I let myself gain 83.9 lbs. (From 146 to 229.9)
YES, I said it...almost 100 pounds. 
It doesn't feel good when you know people are talking about you behind your back. 
"Dang, did you see Russy...dude got big huh? what happened?" 
I've even heard someone tell me people were talking about me saying..."he's even bigger than he was when he was fat"
I know you all won't say it to my face, but you'll talk behind my back. 
As much as I hate to hear it, I would rather you be honest w/ me and let me know. 
This journey is going to be hard. It's going to take determination, and it's going to take a lot of trust. 
My focus has been impeccable. Mentally I'm doing it. It takes 21 days to break a habit and I'm at day 22. 
I need to keep going and remember that I AM ABLE TO DO WHATEVER I PUT MY MIND TO DO. 
My goal is to be a healthy person who can live his life to the fullest. 
I want to be able to play w/ my kids and not worry about health issues. 
I want to beat the trend of "getting bigger when you're older", cause it's happening before my eyes. 
I want to be an example, instead of people saying "I don't want to end up like Russy and how fat he is".
I want to treat my body like the temple that God told us to take care of so we can carry on his works here on earth. 
I am so ready to continue this quest, and ready for all of the ups and downs.
I will fight until there's no more fight left.
This quest is all mine, and I'm ready to take it. 
Let's go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment