Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The unexpected.

The Lord really does know how to work his way around our emotions. 
For the past couple days, and maybe even weeks, I've been down on myself w/ my studying & other things. 
Today while studying, I go check the mail, and receive a letter from one of my professors saying a pt sent the manager a letter, and enclosed was this from a patient who I truly loved having:

Dear (Nurse Manager; won't say her name), 

    My name is _____________, I received a new liver in late Feb 2010 at Loma Linda University Medical Center. 
    You have an Employee "student", Russell Isberto who totally stands out as a dedicated and passionate man with his dealing with patients such as myself. 
    This letter was my idea to maybe assist him with work at LLUMC after his school. 
     If you or a co worker need more specific reasons why he was such a standout nurse please call --- --- ---- 

                 signed, ____________ 

This brought a smile to my face when I needed it the most. 
My goal and purpose in life, has always been to make a difference. Whether it be big or small. 
Sometimes I question if I'm made to be a nurse, and this reassures me that I can do it and will do it. 
Mr. ___________, thank you. Thank you for allowing me to show that God is present in our lives no matter what. 
I'm blessed to have been able to study the field of nursing, and will continue to be blessed in the future as I work. 
My prayer today is:

Dear Father in Heaven, thank you. 
Thank you for constantly reminding me that I can and will be able to do this with your help. 
Everything is possible with you on my side.
I have people around me who support me and believe in me, when sometimes I doubt myself. 
Help me to remember that I am able. It takes time, but I will be able to do it w/ you guiding my every step. 
Thank you for giving me these words that I really needed to hear today. 
Bless me now, and bless the world Lord. Watch over us always. 
I love you Lord.
Your Son, 
Russy 

No comments:

Post a Comment