Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August.


Dear August, 

You had your ups and downs. Lots of trying times.
But I love you. I always have.
You were the first month in my life. Day 3, 1985. 
Always envied those kids in grade school who would celebrate their birthdays w/ the whole class. 
While I had to settle for having 3 months of summer break to enjoy mine ;) 
The weather that you present to us (here in California) is a bit, bipolar.
Seriously...108 degrees one day, 74 degrees the next? But I still love you. 
Who knew that you would be the month where I can possibly change my life (or maybe I already have changed). 
I've always looked forward to you, and always hated saying goodbye and hello to September.
It use to be, hello birthday...then hello school. & as kids, no one ever wanted to go back to school! (maybe just to see friends). 
Well, this year...there is no more school to greet me on the other side.
Life begins, maybe it's just another month. 
But I feel like August, you had a lot to do w/ what's going to transpire in the future. 
Summer is all but over, and Fall (Ironically, my favorite season), is about to come. 
Goodbye sweltering heat, and hello falling leaves and autumn dusk. 
Thank you August, for teaching me about patience and determination. You've been a great stepping stone. 
With only 4 more hours till September, I bid you farewell.
See you in 2011. Hopefully, I'll have a lot of changes in my life that are going to be worth sitting down and discussing. 
Till then. 
Live. Love. Be Healthy. 
Always, 
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment