Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life....25?

This last month was filled w/ many ups and downs. 
On July 1st, one of my best friends & biggest mentors passed away from a tragic accident. 
Manong Ken, was one of those guys who was always there for you, who you could trust and rely on w/ anything and everything.
This was by far one of the biggest losses in my life and it really look a toll on my life. 
Countless nights I tossed and turned in bed, having nightmare after nightmare and could not believe it was reality. 
Even as we laid my friend to rest in his grave, it still had not hit me that this precious life that served the Lord was taken from us. 
I guess when it comes to these fatal tragedies, there is always something that the Lord is trying to teach us. 
He lived to serve, and served because he loved to do it.
We need not rely on people who "will always be there", but we need to make our lives just as meaningful as what the Lord wants for us. 
Manong Ken, led by example...I feel it is our turn to step it up in our community, church, and home. 
Although my heart remains heavy from this loss, Jesus reassures us that when he comes again, we will be reunited w/ our loved ones in heaven and that we have better things to look forward to, then this life we are dealt w/ here on earth. 

This year also marks my 25th birthday. A birthday that I truly wasn't looking forward to.
I guess as we age, we wish things would just SLOW DOWN. Sometimes I catch myself wanting to be in high school again with no cares in the world, but to come to class and hangout w/ friends (w/ a little bit of homework on the side). 
Being 25, and just out of college with no job and spending countless hours sitting on the table studying for board exams, while most if not all of my friends have found jobs and are taking the next step forward...this is when I find it hard to just be happy and motivated.
But that is the total WRONG mindset to have. I am gratefully happy that the Lord has blessed me w/ life and health that many people would die to have. Even though I have been battling health problems myself, there is no reason to complain about anything. 
I have a family who keeps me driven, who supports me in all that I do. I have a girlfriend who will stand by me at all costs, even if it means that I don't have much time for her because I need to focus on my studies.
I am blessed and thankful for all of them who are just patient with me. The past 3 years of school haven't been easy, and sometimes I just wish I could just relax and chill, but with the looming payments of the oh so dreaded "LOANS", I'm scurrying just to get these boards out of the way. 
I will remain faithful no matter what, and I trust that the Lord has made plans in my life to serve Him and further the work He has started here. 
I know along the way I am going to have trials and many struggles, but life wouldn't be worth living w/out those struggles that make us stronger in Christ and in our lives. 
25 is going to be a year I am going to remember. for sure.
It's going to be the time where I have no more excuses to make certain changes in my life that I've been wanting to change. It's a time where putting my health, truly comes first. 
We only live once, and we have to enjoy the lives we live here on earth, but live it through Christ in all of our ways. 
I guess this IS the new beginning I have been hoping for and wanting for quite sometime. 
May this year be filled w/ love and lots of laughter. 
Blessings to all. 
Live. Love. Be Healthy. 
Always, 
Russy

No comments:

Post a Comment