Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the BEARD

I guess the beard always become a motivational tool (for something). 
I've always had points in my life when i would say...I'm not shaving this beard until this... 
Well, this is another one of those times. 
From this day forward, I will not shave my beard OR cut my hair until I reach below 195. 

It's been so long since I've been under 200. 
and to hit that 190 mark will be something I'm looking forward to. 

So now it comes... 
Everyone asking why the beard, and saying "Shave that crap off" 
Only thing I can really do is laugh about it and shake my head. 
I guess if i want to not look like bear man, I'll have to work twice as hard to drop that weight. 

This time around I'm setting small goals instead of one big goal. 
I believe it's best to go slow in weight loss, but also have a projected goal at the end. 
150/160 is my overall goal -- but I will take it 10-15 pounds at a time. 
Slowly but surely. 
I have to keep telling myself it doesn't come over night. 
It sucks though because sometimes I get really discouraged that I'm not losing it as fast as I did in the past, but then again...I'm a lot older than the first time I attempted to lose weight. 

I tried everything in the past, and as much as I tried to lose weight...It kept coming back. 
(This happens because I kept giving into and reverting back to how I got there in first place) 
Even after almost a 30 pound weight loss...I've already had the feeling of being complacent and reverted back to the way things use to be. 
I want things to be routine (w/ working out and eating right) 
BUT, I also don't want to get tired of things and start going back to the old ways. 

Thus, it starts again today...small but attainable goals that are reasonable. 
I will conquer this. 
Just believe in yourself. 

To health. 
BST.TLF 
Russy 

No comments:

Post a Comment