Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I think it's possible.

I mean, I know it's only the 2nd day of school...but I've managed to stay on my diet && go to the gym for 2 consecutive days (During a SCHOOL WEEK!!) 
That may not mean a lot to many of you, but it does to me. 
I know I've told my story countless times, and it reappears in many of my existing blogs, but i went from being: the guy you had to drag out of the gym, the guy who went to the gym twice a day for 3 hours a session. 
To: the guy who you couldn't pay money to lace up a pair of sneakers and hit the gym. 
It got so bad that I had gained nearly 90lbs in the 3 years that I was in nursing school. 
Weird thing was, everyone around me would tell me things like... 
"Russ, you're not even fat" 
"OMG, stop being so paranoid" 
"Come on Russ, just eat out w/ us" 
"Russ, seriously, you don't need to go to the gym" 
"Duude, you look the same as you were back then, I can't even tell" 
// 
I'm not sure if you guys were lying and just being nice, or you absolutely didn't see it. 
It sucks to know that people only started saying something to me when I had reached a size 44 pair of pants, wore a double X shirt, I weighed a whopping 230+ pounds, and would sweat just sitting there. 
SCHOOL WAS ALWAYS MY EXCUSE!!! 
It was always my way out...a reason to eat. a reason not to go to the gym. 
One thing i wished i did, was budget my time a little better. 
All I really needed to do was set a tight schedule, so I could get all my studying in, plan my meals, and also get in the hours i need to study. 
//
With that said, I know this year is going to be different. 
Senior classes aren't as time consuming w/ studying...yes, w/ projects and papers. 
BUT now that i have a 24 hour fitness pass, I can go anytime (NO EXCUSES) 
I know it's only 2 days in, but i already feel the change of focus. 
DO WORK. 

To health. 
BST.TLF. 
Russy 

P.s. 
Biggest loser was freaking amazing again tonight. 
I'm not gonna lie. I cried again. Damn it. 
But it sure is a motivating tool. If ya'll haven't watched it. 
WATCH IT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment