Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Story of the day.

To keep me motivated I'll be telling a few stories. 
So here goes: 

I know I've already mentioned the day that really turned this thing around. 
It was the day when I went to the mall @ express, and a dude gave me a little pamphlet about losing weight and the "secrets" in the effin' store!!  
That's just not right...
Same day, at the gym, some guy I knew from way back who hasn't seen me in a minute, who i'm not even that close with, had the nerve for his first words to be.... 
"Duuuude, you got HUGE! did you get married or something?!?!" 

WTF!? did i get married!? 
What kinda question or greeting is that?!? 

Same day, I went to the donut shop w/ a buddy to get donuts for his sister...not even for me...cause i felt bad throughout the day and i was just starting. 
BUT the freaking donut shop guy, who happens to be someone i know because i use to work next door at lollicup, says in his chinese accent... 
"Oh WOW, you got FAT!!" 

I mean, if that doesn't tell you something...nothing will. 

BUT here is one of the stories that WILL keep me motivated. 
// 
STORY #2  
So one day at school, this was during spring quarter of this year (2009) 
We were having one of those LONG days at school, so i decided to dress comfortable w/ some basketball shorts and a tshirt. 
This was because NOTHING would fit right. 
Anyway...We were on break that day and this girl (who i still think it's annoying && WEIRD) comes up to me and says... 
"What happened to you Russ!! You got fat all of a sudden! you use to be so fit!!" 
I played it off by saying, "oh it's because all i do is study and i love to eat, they go together right?" 
Anyway...I was SooOoooO pissed off, for someone who I'm not even close to, to say something like that, was WAY OUT OF LINE!! 
I know, it wasn't a secret or anything, that I was gaining tons of weight, but its hard enough for a close friend to say something like that, BUT someone you've never really talked to!?!? 

Boy was I heated. So heated I started walking around and just didn't wanna talk to anyone. 
*sigh* 
To make matters worse, during the same break while i was walking around. I saw one of my close friends (i won't say his name) But someone who is always honest and will say what is on his mind. 
He says "Russ, you got big." this was in a nice/gentle way. 
I joked and i said "I know man, I'll lose it this summer" 
He just told me, "Just exercise man, and don't eat so much!" 
Even though it was a pleasant want of telling me i was fat, It was still hard to swallow!! 
// 
Thing is, I don't mind people telling me i'm gaining weight!! 
I'd actually rather you bring it up to me, than not. Because i think those are the people who actually care about you. 
I think it's just the way you go about telling the person!! I mean...for a person who hardly talks to you, to say it so bluntly, is just wrong. 
If i were to tell someone (which i probably wouldn't, cause i'll be scared to hurt their feelings) I'd pull them aside, and say...
"I'm worried about your health, and the amount of weight you're gaining, if you need someone to workout with and make healthy meals with, you know i'm here!" 

I'm blessed to have family && friends who care and have told me. 
I think my self-esteem was just so down that I didn't wanna hear it anymore. 
Maybe that is why i'm keeping this blog. 
I know many won't read it, but I know I will. It keeps the fire going. 
It's like fuel that I wanna use. Instead of eating to cope w/ things...I'm gonna go to the gym and take it out on the treadmill!! 

*sigh* -- it's good to just write it all out on a blog, because it's different when you're keeping it in!! 

To health. 
Strength & Honor. 
BST.TLF. 
Russy 


Looking @ this picture makes me Cringe!! 
I'll post some Updated pictures. but this is before i started. (Weight in picture 230lbs) 
Current weight (208lbs) 



No comments:

Post a Comment