Friday, September 11, 2009

Stepping on the scale


Growing up, I always had this fear of stepping on the scale. 
Being over 200lbs as a child wasn't fun at all, especially when all your friends were under a hundred. 
Made me feel like a giant!! I was always the biggest kid, and i guess i just got use to it. 

I think, for me, one of the worse part about growing up, besides being made fun of all the time...was going to the doctors. 
I remember on numerous occasions, I would think not eating for a day or two would drop my numbers on the scale, so i would save some embarrassment when they would tell my family how much I weighed. 
I was always hovering around 200, but even though i knew, i never really wanted others to know or I just didn't want to hear it myself. 

I've always wondered why some people get so scared stepping on the scale. 
It's really weird, because at my gym...the scale is in the very front of the cardio room, and it's funny watching people weigh themselves. 
Some people get right on, quickly maneuver the apparatus to get their weight, then push the thing so nobody will know. 
Others have this scared and apprehensive look on their faces before they step on, then beam this look of disappointment. 
I've even seen some people hop on and just be filled w/ joy and are triumphant about their accomplishments. 

I, myself, would never get on a public scale like this, unless it were in the locker room. 
But then i figured, why would I be scared of the scale, when I've been putting all this hard work in, and surely if i've been honest, the results will show. 
So for now, Should i really be afraid of the scales? 
Why should I, I've been working my A$$ off haven't I? 
Maybe it's one of those phobias I have to get rid of and just get use to what I once considered an Enemy. 
So from now on, I will not be afraid of the scale, stay focused and the scale will be on your side. 

to health. 
BST.TLF. 
Russy 

No comments:

Post a Comment