Thursday, September 24, 2009

When clothes don't fit, buy new ones?

How many of us are guilty of trying to compensate for our weight gains by simply buying the size bigger than we already wear?
Why do we spend that extra money, when all it really takes is some gym time and a watchful eye on the diet?  
Well, that's been the story of my life the past couple years. 
//
When I started nursing school, we had to buy these clinical uniforms that I have definitely wore out. 
At the beginning I dawned a medium top and bottom and it fit great. This was when I was about 150-160. 
As time when on, I gained the weight slowly, by my 3rd quarter things were fitting a little tighter and were getting a little uncomfortable, but still doable. 
My mom noticed, so she said..."Let's buy you a large!", I thought to myself, I'll wear the large size in the mean time while getting in shape to fit the medium again. 
Another quarter went by, and another...I was probably in quarter number 5 or 6, where the LARGE was getting tight. 
So my mom bought me another pair of tops and bottoms, this time they were EXTRA LARGE!! By this time, I had realized I had gained a whole lot of weight. 
I was reaching the 190's, and probably more so, close to 200 at this point. 
// 
So the past school year I've been sporting that sexxy XL outfit, and for some reason I stopped caring. Completely stopped going to the gym, and just ate and ate and ate. 
By the end of last year, as you may have guessed...the EXTRA LARGE started to fit horribly tight. I was probably 215 at this point. 
It was half way through the quarter when I was actually about to go to the store and buy a new set of scrubs, this time a double X. 
Then it finally hit me...am I going to be doing this until I reach a size I can't even fit into? 
Luckily, I managed to get through the quarter q/out buying a new pair of scrubs. 
I haven't tried any of my scrubs over the summer, but I'm gonna stay true to my goal: 
LEAVE NURSING SCHOOL THE WAY I CAME IN!! 
// 
I have refrained from buying new clothes lately. 
Just because I have so many clothes in my closet, WAITING for me to wear!! 
I mean, they'll be some instances where I'll need to go and get a shirt or what not, BUT from now on, I will not buy any clothes until I start fitting into my old ones. 
I'm starting to wear LARGE again!! after getting a little scared wearing the 2XL. 
Time to do work. 

To health. 
BST.TLF. 
Russy 

No comments:

Post a Comment