Saturday, January 1, 2011

The art of not giving in.

Our brains are the best at tricking our minds what our needs and wants are. When we set goals for ourselves (much like resolutions), and by the first week (or even, days) we break them, we just laugh and say to ourselves "oh well" or "I tried". 
It's funny how as humans we set ourselves up for disappointment, and it's okay. Okay to let ourselves down. It shouldn't be this way, and "giving in" in somewhat of our culture now. I'm, maybe, the biggest victim to this and also many the biggest overcome(r). 
I have shown that I am able to defeat my biggest foe, and also surrender and be one to laugh and shrug. 2011 to me, is about a new beginning. A time to start fresh. A time to prove that the art of "not giving in" is attainable. 
I will not give in. I will master the art of "not giving in". 2011, I'm ready for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment