Monday, January 31, 2011

Living in the now.

I came across a blog today on "how to lose weight". It's crazy how much losing weight has to do with our lives. I mean, some people don't even have to worry, but most people do. This girl said something along the lines of:

"Forget your past, the past is the past. Live in the now. You can't change that you ate 3 slices of cake or that pizza you ate, but you can change what's happening today and right now."   

I am guilty of indulging a little too much this weekend. Gluttony was definitely present, and I feel disgusting. I haven't consumed so much junk since I started this journey, and I hope that never happens again. Sure it was my best friends birthday, and we were celebrating, but it didn't have to continue all weekend.

But the past is the past, and the present is now and it is what you can control. Food is love, which is why when friends get together we indulge ourselves, gluttonize together. But food can also kill and make life a living hell. Pack on those pounds, add disease onto our lives and be happy no more. I can't go back and change yesterday, but I can definitely control today. This is a brand new day, a brand new week, and the choices I make now can be "healthy" and the "right" ones.

One weekend won't kill me, but put a few of them together and I'm back at square one. Time to take control of what I need to control. I can do this, and I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment