Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I want to be THAT success story.

I love that I'm against the odds. I love that people doubt me. I love that I control my own destiny. I crave to be that success story. I hate once being an inspiration to others, to being "what not to do". I hate being the chatter and whispers of "dang have you seen him lately? He got real fat". Stuff happens. I love being motivated and knowing that I can do it. I love going to the gym now. I love how life now feels different. I love that I can still be an inspiration. I hate when people don't think I can do something. I hate that I've gained all this weight. I love that I can change. I hate this diet sometimes, but I love how it makes me feel. I hate knowing that it's going to take time and it's taking this long to lose weight. I love knowing I still have time to change and cherish each moment I have on this journey. I hate(d) not being confident enough or comfortable enough to go out sometimes. I love that this is going to change. I love myself, and I love that I can inspire others to love themselves and change.

Everyone wants to be "that" success story, and I'm no different. I watch "the biggest loser" show because I love watching people change their lives. It's amazing how dedicated these individuals are and how much they are willing to change. I hope to be that success story again, and to show people that they can do it as well. I love the feeling that others are inspired, because I love the feeling I get when I get inspired watching other people do it. I'm devoted to changing my ways, because I want to show my family that if I can do it, they can do it too. I was over 230lbs once, and when it's all over and done, I want to show them not only did I drop weight, but I got healthy. I want them to see that by eating right, but choosing what you put in your mouth and what you put your body through, it can make you feel so great.

I have no doubt that I am going to be "that" success story again, and when people ask me what I did. I'm going to say, "Just hard work and dedication, a lot of sweat and pain from the working out, and making the right decisions when it comes to eating". There are going to be "walls" that I'm going to hit, there are going to be cheat days and meals for sure, but remaining consistent w/ this plan is the only way I'm going to get back on track and get my health back. 

This is my time to shine. I'm usually not someone who puts myself in the spotlight or likes to put the attention on myself...but the first step is RESPECTING myself, and allowing myself to feel good about myself. If I feel good, if i believe that I can do it...I'm going to do it. You can't be successful if you don't have pain and struggles, and if you don't believe that you're IT, and that this is YOUR time. I'm excited. Each week that I complete on this journey, is satisfying. It makes me feel accomplished and that the goals I've placed for me are attainable. 

I'm at a HUGE turning point in the journey, and it's only going to go up from here. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment