Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Leaving your legacy.

I've always wondered what kind of impression am I leaving in this world? Do people view me as someone who is positive, negative or neutral (they don't seem to even care). I've always set out to make a difference, to make people laugh, to be the kind of friend they can turn to with anything and everything. I know to some, I've been that. To others, somewhere along the way, I've failed. 

We're placed on this earth for specific reasons. Reasons that only God knows. In most cases people find their niche, and keep at it. Others struggle, and have that "I'm trying to discover myself" type of mentality, and never find what they're looking for. We reinvent ourselves numerous times in life, and I believe that is an important part of life. Some experiences draw us towards people and others away, but at the end of the day, we have left a certain imprint on others that is undeniably prominent and un-eraseable.

I want to be the type of person people remember to be the "good guy", one who always cared and loved. A person who gave their hardest effort at everything he did, and never gave up even if he knew he was going to fail. A giving person, even when he has nothing to give. An honest and dedicated person who is willing to stand up for everything he believed in. A man who continues to be humble, that never forgets where he's from. The type of individual who you could rely on, even if it meant sacrificing something of his own. A person who believes that blood is thicker than water, but that those who are not part of your own, are just as important and if they need help, always lend a helping hand. A man who loves Jesus and continues to show others that He exists and that He is the ultimate definition of LOVE and FRIENDSHIP. 


I know I have a lot to work on to become this type of person, but that's the beauty of life, we are always working. Always having the chances, but it's important to take those opportunities and chances while we can. I'm blessed to have been raised in a home that preaches each and every one of those attributes, and I hope to one day be content in saying that "I've tried my best to be all those, and more". I hope that the Lord gives me the opportunities (which He always has) to be a shining light, in a world that is dark and corrupted. It's up to me on how I want to leave my legacy. 

Am I up for it? Am I ready? Time will only tell, but for now, all I can do is try. Try to be the difference among many. Try to leave an imprint on this world that He can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment