Friday, January 21, 2011

Chin up, Chest out and Eyes on Jesus.

I've been feeling down lately. Stressed and anxious. Embarrassed and frustrated. I absolutely hate being unemployed. Hearing and seeing all my friends talk about their jobs, kills me. I know the time will pass and sooner or later I will also be employed, but it feels like forever.  I'm going a friends engagement party this weekend, and among those that will be in attendance are some of my most motivated and high achieving nursing classmates (who all have jobs). I know the conversation will come up and I have to say that "I'm still unemployed and looking".

I hate that I have to say that. My parents and everyone around me, keep telling me that don't worry it'll come. But I'm a person that worries. I'm a person that works hard for things, but usually ends up being last. School was hard enough to get by, getting a job might be just as hard or even harder. 

My life could definitely be worse. I need to be thankful for the things that I do have. Life and health. A family who never doubts me or gives up on me. And most importantly a God that never fails no matter how far we've drifted. Today was one of those days where I just wanted to SCREAM. I had my head down and felt sorry for myself. But i know it's at these times that God is telling me, keep your chin up, chest out and most importantly EYES ON ME. There is only so much that I can do to make my situation. I've talked to people, applied for almost everything, and inquired information...it's all in God's hands now and that's the most important thing. For me to trust Him. 

Thank you Lord for the weekend, give me the peace and serenity that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment