Monday, January 10, 2011

Giving.

After boxing tonight w/ the fellas, we had this discussion about "giving" and all sorts of things. It made me realize that our lives don't just revolve around us, our families and our friends, but to the world around us as a whole.

I'm guilty of putting stereotypes on people, and being mad at certain who let's say "don't try" while others are trying. Having this talk made me realize that everyone has a story, and although we dislike some things that others do, we cannot control that, but we can control our selves and our actions. 

I find it hard at times to soften my heart or my stance on things, but I know the Lord is trying to work through me. Stop being so proud, and just soften my heart. I felt pretty bad while talking to the guys about some of the things and what I was saying. After we spoke, I thought to myself "Look in the mirror, just hear the words that are coming from your mouth". I can only try and work on myself and be thankful that God is still working in me and hasn't given up. 

I needed this conversation to remind me that we all struggle. Some people handle it different than others, but it's how WE react internally or externally that's going to make the difference. Sometimes we can't just think about ourselves, but what the other person is going through. Smile and do not be heavy hearted. This is my prayer tonight:

Dear Heavenly Father, 
Keep working through me. Remind me that this is YOUR earth and not ours.
We need not only give ourselves to YOU, but show YOU to others and offer ourselves w/out anger or pride. We as a people are in this together. Be w/ us always. I ask these things in your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment