Thursday, January 20, 2011

Made to work.

In anything that I have had to accomplish or do in life, I've had to work. Work harder than everybody else that had to attain the same thing. Whether it was getting the grades I needed in school, performing with my music, and my weight loss and staying in shape. I've had to put in hours and hours and hours of hard work, forcing myself to stay disciplined. Sometimes it's frustrating, but it has definitely built a toughness in me that only those experiences would do. 

I'm not naturally gifted at almost anything, although I pick some things up quickly, I pride myself with the hard work and determination that I always put in anything that I do. I'll admit that I've put music aside because of that fact that I feel that there are just so many people better than me, that I think to myself, why do people want to hear me sing, when they can hear that person. Music is definitely something I'm passionate about, but when you're working so hard and having all this pressure put on you, but the results in the end are very sub-par, it just doesn't yield for me to put be put out there anymore. Maybe things will change, but right now, my focus is on getting healthy and the music will come again, I know it will. 

But I am made to work. Made to harness all my energy into the things I do. It's never fun to have to try a million times harder than those around you, but you have to accept it and just go from there. I know I'm going to have disappointing weeks on this weight loss journey, but it's not in my blood to quit, but to keep pushing hard and keep going. It's discouraging though, when you put in hours and hours of work and then you don't get the results you want. This is when you need to remain patient. There will be walls to hit, but none that are built strong enough so you can run through it. 

I will keep working and working until I get there. Make that known.

No comments:

Post a Comment