Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sweat drops.

How do you interpret these little droplets? Are they just a part of our biological physics, or do they hold a much more emotional sentiment?

While I was working out today, I was pushing as hard as my big body could, and drop after drop of sweat began to hit the floor. The floor was doused in sweat and as the last bead of sweat hit the ground, the first thing that popped into my head was that this tear, to me, signified an "internal tear". The hard work I'm putting in, and the sweat that falls are like tears of joy or even frustration that my body is dying to get out. Each bead of sweat is one step closer to getting my life back in order to feel healthy and fit again.

I remain focused and determined that 2011 will hold so many great things for me. Including getting my body and health where it needs to be, and maintaining it for the rest of my life. I'm aware of the challenges and obstacles that may present themselves, but these road bumps should only be bumps and not brick walls that I need to push through again. To this day I have lost over 20+ pounds, but still have a whole lot more to go. The sweat that fell today symbolized how difficult it's going to be, how frustrating I'm going to get, how much more I need to push, and how proud of myself I truly am.

As hard as I am on my self, it's only because I know what I'm capable of. I am capable of anything. There's nothing in this world that I cannot do, because God is on my side. He tells us in Phil 4:13 that w/ Him ALL things are possible, and that remains focus. To push, to trust and to believe that I can do it through Him.

Sweat and tears are beautiful. It shows how vulnerable we humans, truly are. This journey I'm taking is BEAUTIFUL. I might obsess over certain things, but that's the only way I know how to do it. When I do something, I will put my all into every step. My story will continue...2011 is feelin' great.

No comments:

Post a Comment